Many areas include Challenges to complete, which will earn you extra XP, plus they are fun. Some areas offer more items than you need for a certain challenge, but we have listed them all so that you can still find them.
DESTROY TEN TOTEMS
- From the sheltered ridge camp, head south. After leaving the small suspended area, look at the trees to see the first Totem hanging from the tree. Hit it with your bow.
- Look on the branch of the same tree where you found the arch.
- This totem hangs below the edge of a rock formation, on the south side, in the shade.
- There is a small tree growing in the shade of a larger tree, south of the large boulders in the vicinity. The totem hangs from a twig of this tree.
- Approach the two large rock formations with a tree joining them, and look over the ledge to the right to find this totem hidden in the shadows.
- Approach the bridge in the center of the map from the west side. Underneath the structure is this little totem, swinging in the shadows...
- You can find this totem on the branch of a tree very close to the burning fire northwest of the bridge in the middle of the map.
- Continue along the stream from the bridge in the middle of the map and you will find a collapsed bridge very close to a waterfall. Below the bridge, on the north side of the river, you will see a totem hanging above you.
- When you are near the shrine on the west side of the map, just north of the river, look above the broken statue. A totem pole hangs right under the roof
DESTROY FIVE LANTERNS.
- This lantern hangs from the ceiling on the upper level of the first building in this area. You can access this challenge by moving to the right of the rope ladder and clicking on the wall to climb the ledge near the first building. Once up there, turn left and you will find the lantern in the room.
- After climbing the stairs in the mountain temple camp, defeat the enemies at the top and then head to the left of the large building to the north. turn around the wooden cart and tree on the southwest corner of the building. Once on this side of the building, you will see the lantern hanging from the northwest corner beyond the chasm.
- Climb the stone stairs to the large building in the northeast. Climb the damaged wall and enter the building. As soon as you come down from the wall you were climbing up, you will see the lantern hanging over a flammable barricade. Shoot the lantern to get it and clear the way to the inside of the building.
- As you approach the mountain temple camp, look immediately above it to see this lantern hanging on the west side of a building.
- To get this lantern, cross the bridge near the mountain temple camp. After crossing the bridge, there is a small ledge to the left. Go out over this ledge and turn southeast. Look up at the edge of the cliff and you will see the lantern hanging from the ceiling of a small structure near a barrel.
- Follow the peitra stairs to the big building in the northeast. Before climbing inside, look southeast and then up to the second floor of the large structure on the hill. The lantern is on the right side of the roof of the building, compared to this position.
ILLUMINATED TEN STATUES
VILLAGE MONTANO (night)
- Start from the village high camp and make your way to the stone lantern near the wooden cart that fell to the west. Light the torch, jump down and walk along the wooden structure in the middle, where there is a large statue. Light the incense on the plate to start the challenge.
- Once you have climbed to the top of the falls and defeated your enemies, jump to the building on the west side of the map. Exit the structure on the north side and climb up the rock face. Once at the top, you will see the statue you need to light. Cross the small islands and light the torch with the stone lantern, then return to the statue to illuminate it.
VILLAGE MONTANO (day)
- You will find this statue after a brief conversation with Roth at the village panorama camp. Go up the stairs after defeating the Solarii near the house that contains the medicinal herb relic. The statue is at the top of the stairs on the left.
- Travel from the village overview camp and drop the two ropes, always heading east. Take the stone stairs to the north and use a rope arrow to climb to the next overhang. Once you've climbed the nearby wall, look for a small passage in the rock face to the west. There's another statue in the passage.
- After descending along the rope from the panoramic village camp and climbing the stairs to descend from another cable car, climb the wooden stairs to the ruined house. Once in the building, look northwest and jump through the entrance to the nearby overhang. The statue is against the edge of the precipice.
- Go south of the cave that leads to the tomb hall of succession and descend to the small roof near the waterfall and the fallen tree. Head east past the fallen trunk and then use the climbing ice axe to climb up the rock in front of you. Once at the top, you will find a small structure that houses the statue.
- From the central island south of the cavern leading to the Succession Hall Tomb, jump southwest down a ledge near another stump with ropes around it. Climb the stone stairs around the rock until you see the statue.
VILLAGE MONTANO (third visit)
- Once you've left the camp down the valley, head south to the river. Go down into the water and follow the wall to the left to the southeast. Climb the rock overhang near the waterfall to get to the statue.
- Go up from the camp down into the valley to the edge of the water next to the small post and you will find the rope arrows. Use the bow to pull a rope to the trunk over the water to the south. Once on the other side, follow the path south, then west to the edge. Jump on the arch and cross it to the other side, jumping on the southwest ledge. Follow this path to the statue.
STOLE FIVE BROODS
MONTANO VILLAGE (night)
- Once inside the multi-storey building west of the air disaster site, climb to the top using the stairs. Exit to the balcony on the southeast side of the structure. Turn west and jump on the lowest point of the ceiling. Climb up this section of the roof and jump over the west side, here it is less steep. Stay close to the largest roof wall on your right, climb over the roof and come down from the edge, where you will see a cormorant nest with eggs. Take them to start the challenge.
- Once you have climbed to the top of the falls and defeated the enemies, climb up to the building on the west side of the map. On the northeast side of the building, shoot twice and climb the wooden ledge on the north side of the building. Now jump to the top of the box on this ledge, then snap and climb to the top of the roof. On the north side you will find your target in a large nest.
VILLAGE MONTANO (day)
- This nest is located near the tomb hall of succession. Head south of the cave leading to the tomb and descend to the small roof near the waterfall and the fallen tree. Cross the latter, going east and over the scalable rock wall. Go around this ledge to the nest.
- From the central island south of the cave that leads to the tomb hall of succession, jump southwest down to an overhang near another stump with ropes around it. Climb the stone stairs around the rock to the statue. From here you can use a rope arrow to pull a rope to the northeast island. Use it and then snap on the wooden wall with paint on it, pass under the structure and descend to the ledge on the west side of the island, next to the rope arrows. On this ledge are hidden eggs.
VILLAGE MONTANO (third visit)
- From the mountain village camp, head towards the new area to the west created by the plane crash. Go to the right of the building to the southwest to a painted wooden wall above the cliff. Click on the wall and point east. Jump down from the overhang on the roof of the building to the east, cross it and you will find a nest with eggs just over the peak to the north.
DESTROY FIVE BANNERS
- Once you have cut off the gas flow at the beginning of the area and eliminated the explosive barrel in the long corridor, head to the first door on the right. Use the burning barrel to light the torch. Now go back to the corridor, walk along it and enter the room on the left. You'll see the red and white flag in the center of the west wall. Use the torch to burn it and start the challenge.
- When you have defeated the Solarii with two machetes and gone up to the generator room, look around for lanterns on the floor. Take one of them and put it against the banner on the wall next to the corridor you have just left.
- To destroy this banner, you must make sure you have the torch lit. The entrance to the bathroom has now been blown up, so go back and turn the torch on again, then go to the room with the Solarii on the floor. Go to the northeast corner and you will find the banner on the right of the generator on the wall.
- This banner is hidden behind the wall just below the map room camp. From there, go down and exit through the double door to light the torch on the burning barrel. This is where you must defeat Solarii armed with machetes. Then go through the double door again, go left and enter the small room with the equipment and the warning message. After entering, turn right to find the banner on the wall, a few steps northwest.
- The last banner is in the communications room. After using the burglar's axe to open the door and talking to the crew member, go through the door to light the torch to the burning barrel. Now go through the door to the communications room. The banner is on the wall to your right.
DESTROY FIVE EFFIGIES
- This first effigy is just south of the helicopter, attached to wooden beams. From the helicopter hill camp go south, go down the wooden stairs and you will find the effigy on the left.
- Exit the building that houses a passage to the tomb well of tears. Turn immediately to the right and climb up to the two small overhanging roofs to the east. Now turn southeast to see the effigy on the wall on the right.
- Exit the building that overlooks a passageway to the grave well of tears. Turn immediately to the right and climb up to the two small rooftops protruding to the east. Take a few steps forward and climb onto the roof of this third building. Now look northeast to find the effigy hanging over a makeshift fence in the distance.
- Leave the old gate camp and go south along the stone steps to a fence. Turn southeast and pass over the drainage pipe on the wooden floor. Go southwest and then down to the next balcony. Look west, the effigy hangs on the side of a tall scaffold.
- From the makeshift bridge at the southwest location on the map, go north over the wooden stairs leading to the large tower structure. There is a rusty metal ramp leading inside. Go in until you reach the northwest wall and climb up the rungs on this wall. Now head north and look towards the cliff face to find another effigy...
- From the helicopter hill camp, go down both flights of stairs and immediately east through the clearing to the stone steps. There's a barricade. Destroy it and repel the Solarii that attack you in the area ahead. Once the enemies are in place, climb the three flights of stairs, turn left and jump over the small breach. Follow the wooden corridor to the west until you descend into another passage. Now head north again around the helicopter until you are northwest of it. To the west you will see an effigy hanging from the fence.
- Go down the stairs south of the old gate camp and then cross the mud to the south. Continue further south and climb the stairs through the building. Once you reach the bridge, look up and to the southeast, to the left of where Grim is on the stairs. The effigy hangs in front of the tower, under the top platform.
- Once you are near the mill blades and you have defeated the Solarii in this area, skip the breach and head east. Continue east to the area with the mobile containers. Head north and pass the crate on the ground near you. Once you reach this level, take a few steps west and climb the rungs to the south. Now that you are at the top of this structure, head east immediately and climb the green cover. Continue east to the waterfall until you can climb a platform. There is an effigy a little further down, to the right, next to the symbols painted next to a cave.
- Once you're near the mill blades and you've defeated the Solarii in this area, jump the breach heading east. Continue east to the area with the mobile containers. Head north and pass the crate on the ground near you. Once you reach this level, take a few steps west and climb the rungs to the south. Now that you are at the top of this structure, head east immediately and climb the green cover. Continue east to the waterfall until you can climb a platform. Turn left and look north to find this effigy on the cliff face.
FOUR ALARMS DISABLED
- Go south and stay close to the west side of the map from the helicopter hill camp. Cross the structures on this side to a small wooden ramp. Use it to jump to the top level of the tower. Go around the tower to the painted wooden panels and climb to the next level. Now go around the tower until you see the alarm facing the shantytown.
- After escaping the Solarii ambush to Grim's detriment, use the cable car to which they were attached to cross the water and climb onto the roof of the building north of the bridge. Go north to the roof of the building north of the bridge. Go north on the roof and climb the yellow staircase. Once on top of this ceiling, immediately to the right you will see the alarm you need to turn off.
- From the makeshift bridge on the southwest side of the map, continue north past the wooden stairs that lead to the large tower structure. There is a rusty metal ramp leading inside. Enter until you reach the northwest rungs and climb up. Now go north and reach the painted wooden wall to the north, right in front of you, in the next tower. Climb to the highest level and follow the metal roof to the north, then climb to another painted wall. Go west, take a few steps and head immediately southwest, jump on the wooden rungs and climb. There's a wooden ramp in front of you. Climb up it looking in the direction you came from and use the pole to jump to other wooden rungs. Climb this level and go northeast, where you will find another alarm on the edge of the shantytown to the east.
- Once you are near the mill blades and defeated the Solarii in this area, jump over the breach heading east. Continue east to the area with the containermobiles. Go north, pass the crate on the ground near you and click on the painted wooden wall on the left. Once you're up, the alarm you need to disable is right in front of you.
- Once you reach the mill blades and after defeating the Solarii in this area, descend to the ground further ahead. When you land near the wooden stairs, turn around and look south. There is a crate on the ground, a short distance away. Go over it and continue over the breach between the fence and the wall. There's an alarm on the right-hand ledge.
BURNED SIX BAGS
- Follow the passage south of the pit camp to the large open cavern. Use your survival instinct and look up and to the west to find the burning sack hanging from the rocks.
- Once you enter the large cave near the pit camp, turn west and follow the wall. Go through the first tunnel to the southwest and reach the next one. Natural gas will be released in front of the entrance to the tunnel. Use an incendiary arrow to set it on fire and eliminate the prisoner. Stop in front of the wall where you can climb into the alcove, but turn northeast. Use your survival instinct to find the bag hidden in a hole beyond the ceiling.
- When you enter the big cave compared to the pit camp, follow the east wall beyond the gate and the gas-emitting pipe. Stop on the wooden scaffolding under the light bulb. The sack hangs from the ceiling to the northwest. If you have trouble seeing it, use your survival instinct.
- Go north to the catacombs camp and break the gas line. Blow it up so a big metal cage slides north. Now go down the stairs and use the cage to jump on the highest ledge, crawl along the passage. Head north around the cages silently, until you see all three Solarii near the natural gas to the south. Use an incendiary arrow to blast the gas and eliminate them. Just north of the metal door you couldn't pass through is the next bag under the passage you just passed through.
- Go north of the catacombs. Go down the stairs and jump to the top of the metal cage you released earlier. Jump on the north ledge and climb up the passage. Walk all the way north. On the edge, look up northeast, and use your survival instinct to find this bag.
- Go north of the catacombs camp. Go down the stairs and jump to the top of the metal cage you released earlier. Jump on the north ledge and climb up the passage. Head north until you jump on the west landing. Once over, climb the wall to a rocky overhang with water flowing from the wall. Use the ice axe to climb to the northwest. Use your survival instinct to see the sack hanging in the pasture in front of you, near Solarii who has your back. Defeat all enemies before you burn the sack.
PICK TEN MUSHROOMS
HIGH ALTITUDE FOREST
- From the forest camp at altitude, go down the stairs to the east. From there, as soon as you can head southeast, follow the large rocks that form the edge of the map. Use your survival instinct to find the fungus in the shade near the base of a tree.
- From the swamp camp at high altitude, head east down the stairs. From there, as soon as you can head southeast, follow the large rocks that form the edge of the map. Follow the edge of the map to the southeast and around the helicopter until you look east. Use the survival instinct to see the mushroom in the darkness, behind a tree at the edge of the map.
- Leave the swamp camp at high altitude and head east and down the stairs through the wooden arch. Continue running northeast to a second arch. Follow the forest line to the northeast and pass the broken stump. Take a few more steps northeast past the large rocks on the left: behind the bushes near these rocks is the mushroom you are looking for.
- From the entrance to the large wooded area, go east to the bridge further north. Turn around and head northwest with the survival instinct activated to find the fungus growing near the base of a stump.
- From the entrance to the large wooded area, head east and a little south to the river shoreline. Use the survival instinct to find the fungus in the nearby soil. It is slightly northwest of the nearby stump.
- From the airplane scrap bridge to the south, head west to a rocky slope. On the edge, activate your survival instinct to see the mushroom on a ledge above you. Jump through the small breach and climb up to it.
- Once you enter the large wooded area, head southeast towards the southernmost bridge. Stop at the western edge of the water and then follow the coastline southwards as far as you can, finally turning around the big tree that grows near the rock face. Behind the tree and near the rocks there is a mushroom.
- Move towards the southernmost bridge of the vast forest area. From here, continue east and pass between two overhangs of rock. The wing of the crashed plane is on the left. Continue until you are below the crash site. The mushroom is behind in the bush at the end of the path; you can use your survival instinct to find it more quickly.
- Head to the northernmost point in the vast forest area. Cross it and continue southeast. Once you have crossed the bridge, go north and go around the northeast corner of the bridge towards the water. Near this corner you will find the mushroom.
- Aim east of the shelter camp. Climb the stone stairs and you will find this mushroom growing under bushes near the rock wall to the southeast.
FIND FIVE MOUNDS
- From the ruined bridge north of the map, look south and cross the bridge and wooden steps. Immediately to the right there is a sandy path: walk it westwards and you will see an opening on the ledge between two rocks. Go down towards the water from this opening. Use the arch to pull the two containers towards the east side of the rock column, near its scalable portion. Just south of the pillar there are some rocks you can climb on: use them to jump on the containers and then jump up and use the climbing ice axe to climb up the pillar to the top. Here, on the east side, you'll find the mound...
- From the ruined bridge to the north of the map, look south and follow the sand track until you pass over two sections of axes. Now head southeast and jump on the overhang in front of the large rock formation right in front of you. Follow this ledge until you look east, where it ends. Jump on the second overhang higher in front of you to find the mound.
- From the ruined bridge north of the map, look up and follow the sand track until you pass two sections of axes. When you reach the fourth pile of axles, you will find yourself near an old rusty truck and a ramp leading over the fence to the west. Go over the fence and continue west to a circular rocky plateau on which you can land easily. On the west side is the mound.
- From the ruined boat on the east side of the wreck beach, slide over the ledge. Go south and to the right of the burning barrel. Continue up the sandy path and, at the building, head southwest and follow the path around the building. The mound is in the corner where the path points southeast, near a wooden railing.
- From the bunker that leads to the flooded dungeon, turn left and cross the wooden bridge that goes south-east. When you reach the wooden ramp, turn right and go down the ledge looking southwest. Now run towards the pole that comes out of the side of the cliff and use it to jump over the breach, towards the next overhang. As soon as you land, go a few steps further to find the mound at the base of a tree.
DESTROY 10 MINES
- From the ruined bridge north of the map, look south and follow the path of anger until you pass two sections of wooden beams. Turn to the south-east and follow the sandy path between the rocks always eastwards along the rock face to the east. The old rusty mine is near the rock face.
- Leave the survivors' camp and go down to the south beach. Follow the east coast. The mine you are looking for is on the edge of the beach, in the water, just before you reach the ruined jetty.
- Leave the survivors' camp and go down to the south beach. Turn west and from here you can see an anchor half buried in the sand near the water. Go to the south side of this anchor and look south into the water to find the mine.
- Make your way south to open from the old gunboat that Reyes is working on, proceeding along the damaged jetty and up the ladder by the old crane. Go down with the rope to the galleon and make your way through it until you find the hoist when the mast falls. Run over the newly fallen tree and over the wooden wall to the left. Head to the north edge of this section of the ship and look into the water, always to the north. The mine is there, and waves crash on it.
- Make your way south to open from the old gunboat that Reyes is working on, along the damaged pier and beyond the yellow staircase on the concrete block where the crane is located. Go to the edge of the concrete to the left of the fence and look into the water to the south. The mine you are looking for is in the middle of the water, to the right of the old galleon wreck.
- To get to this mine, you'll need Jonah's bow. Proceed east of the surviving camp and along the damaged wooden pier to the southwest. When you reach the edge, look northeast and use your bow to shoot an arrow against the scalable wall. Once up, shoot on the metal plate and climb the rusty beam above you. Cross the beam to the east and jump over the breach to hold on to a pipe. Jump to climb the metal grate, look northeast and jump on the metal slab, look northeast and jump on the metal slab on the side of the concrete pillar, climbing to the top. Jump the northeast breach on the rock ledge, and then the southeast breach on the edge of the boat. Walk southwest to the end of the ledge on which you are standing and look southeast into the water, just above the nearby crate. The mine is in the water below you.
- Glide over the peninsula from the ruined boat on the east side of the wreck beach. Go south and to the right of the burning barrel. Continue south along the sand path and at the building turn southwest and follow the path over the makeshift fence with metal plates attached. At the end of the fence look west into the water to see the wreckage of a ship surrounding a rock. Near the edge of the disaster, south of the rock, the mine emerges from the water and disappears. Wait until it emerges to fire at it.
- Glide to the peninsula from the ruined boat on the east side of the wreck beach map. Continue south along the rock to the east after a waterfall near a metal ramp. Continue south along the edge of the wall until you enter the water near a much larger waterfall. Look southeast at the top of the sandy ridge, past rocks, to see the buried mine.
- From the ruined boat on the east side of the wreck beach map, slide over the ledge. Continue south along the east rock after a waterfall near a metal ramp. Continue south along the edge of the wall until you enter the water at a larger waterfall. Go south-east along the beach and follow the wall to the left, always eastwards. Go over a rock overhang near the cliff face and continue southeast on the next beach as you pass between other wrecks. After passing the last ship, turn southwest to see another mine half buried in the sand.
- Slide towards the overhang from the ruined boat on the east side of the wreck beach. Go up and jump off the metal ramp towards the concrete pole. Jump from this point and climb the wooden wall. Make your way to the two barrels on the passageway and jump over the southwest breach. Run up the wooden ramp and cross the breach to grab the wooden boards and climb up the next passageway. Climb the stairs and turn around to look down, south, over the rocks on the coastline. The mine you are looking for emerges and sinks into the water near the rocks.
BURNED FOUR FLAGS
- From the camp overlooking the bunker, head northeast and use the arch to stretch a rope to the rocky path southeast of where you are. Climb the rock face to the south and use the pipes on the side of the building to make your way to the bunker, where you will enter. As soon as you cross the opening, look straight ahead to find a flag left behind by the previous inhabitants. Burn it to begin the challenge.
- Once you enter the bunker from the outer wall, enter the narrow passage to the north. Eliminate all solarii in this room before heading to the stairs leading to the back room in the northeast wall. Continue to the northwest corner of the building. Once you pass the corner to the stairs, eliminate the solar arrays at the top. Now go up the stairs to the southwest and turn the corner to look southeast. You're going to have to defeat more solar arrays. Now turn northeast, run and jump over the breach. Follow this passageway and jump on a plane that comes out of the floor above you to the upper level. Once here, turn southwest and look under the crate hanging out in the open. On the opposite wall there's another flag to burn.
- Make your way through the bunker and up to the third floor, defeating all the suns you encounter. Follow the balcony to a ramp pointing towards the platform. Jump on it and swing to the right, then climb inside. Look southeast and jump to the roof. After you've done this, turn around and look northeast, then up near the top of the crane. On its southwest corner there's a flag on the side.
- Make your way through the bunker and climb to the third floor, defeating all solarii on the way. Move along the balcony to a ramp pointing towards the hanging platform. Jump on it and swing to the right, climbing inside. Look southeast and jump onto the roof. Look northwest and look at the roof wall, where a flag stands out.
DESTROY FIVE TOTEMS
- As soon as you enter the science base, head northwest and jump over the breach, then grab onto the rock face with the climbing ice axe. Descend along the rock face and let yourself go over the metal grate, to reattach yourself to the second lower wall. After slowing down, you can fall off the wall and end up in the water. Proceed to a rock face that you can climb. Climb to the top and walk north, then enter the crack. Once in the room, aim to the left of the light bulb and look through the beams to see the sun totem.
- Walk towards the metal door to the southwest of the science lab camp, and use the burglar's axe to open it. Go in and look up on the left to find the totem pole.
- Head towards the metal door to the southwest of the science lab camp and use the burglar's axe to open it. Go in and look through the window in the room in front of you and slightly to the right. Through a crack in the back of this room you will see the totem pole.
- To finish this challenge you will have to break all the gears on the elevator and crash it to the ground floor. Now that the street is clear, jump into the elevator shaft and descend to level one. Stop above the number 1 painted on the floor and look north. The totem pole hangs over the fence.
- To finish this challenge you will have to break all the gears on the elevator and crash it to the ground floor. Jump into the elevator shaft to get down to level one. Go through the hole in the southwest wall and advance a few steps, then look north. Behind the fence in front of you you will find a totem hanging from the ceiling.