Modern Combat 5, also known as Modern Combat 5: Blackout is a first-person shooter from 2014 developed by Gameloft Bucharest and published by Gameloft. It is the fifth game in the Modern Combat series and the sequel to Modern Combat 4: Zero Hour.
MODERN COMBAT 5
Available: Microsoft Windows, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch
Players: Single player, multiplayer
Launch date: 24 July 2014
Modern Combat 5 Trailer + Game Images
The gameplay in Modern Combat 5: Blackout is similar to the previous entries in the series. The player can shoot, duck, run, throw grenades, aim, reload his weapons, etc. A key new feature of this game is the ability to choose classes of soldiers. Each class has its own advantages and weapons, although a player’s class does not prevent him from collecting the weapons of the different classes in the game. Below is the trailer for the game so you can start getting acquainted with it.
Create a platoon from 9 classes, add your friends, go on a joint mission and test your skills in a dynamic war against online rivals from all over the world. Here are some images of the game to get you started.
Tips and tricks for Modern Combat 5
Although this game may seem quite simple, as we progress through its stages we will come across new mechanics that will make the gameplay experience much more complex and challenging and will put you to the test. That’s why we’ve decided to explain some tricks and tips so that you’ll know how to handle the game and win more easily:
- Although it’s quite logical, we think it’s necessary to remember it. One of the best pieces of advice we can give you is to try not to sit still. Try not to stand in one place for too long, because if you do you will be a very easy target for your friends. You must make it difficult for them so move, hide and finish them off.
- Referring to the previous advice you should know that there is a way to move faster. Go to the game options, in the Command area. There you can activate the Auto-Srpint function. Thanks to this you will always be able to move forward as a sprint and you won’t lose any time moving.
- Remember that grenades are available to you but also to your enemies. If you are aware when an enemy throws one of these you can return it to them with a contextual button that appears in the lower right corner
- One point in favor of this game is that you can customize all the buttons on the controls. That will allow you to be faster in combat so don’t hesitate to go through the options menu and choose the Customize Hud option. From there you will only have to move the buttons to the place you like the most and with this you will be able to place it as it suits you best.
- You should consider running out of bullets. If that happens to you in the middle of a fight it will mean death for you. However, the game allows us to modify the button placement to have the weapon selector more at hand and to be able to reload it faster. We advise you to change your weapon if you run out of bullets in the middle of a combat, as this is faster than waiting for the weapon you are using to reload.
- Keep your head down whenever you can, this may seem obvious but in many occasions with the tension of the confrontation we forget and we are shooting the enemy totally standing and immobile, so we must remember that whenever possible it is better to go down and cover ourselves.
- Try to be aware of explosive barrels, propane tanks etc, anything that can blow the enemy up is a good option, so try to get some multiple casualties from an explosion, and especially not be the one who is close to you to avoid being blown up.
Basic guide to playing Modern Combat 5
Modern Combat 5 is a very intuitive and dynamic game, although it can sometimes seem a little frustrating. The game tells you what to do from the start, so there’s not much loss. However, there are a few basic points you should take into account to start playing. Here’s a video of how to play the game, so you’ll find it easy to get started.
Analysis of Modern Combat 5
The Modern Combat 5 game is a very intuitive game that has adapted very well among the fans of this wonderful saga. It is entertaining and addictive and its gameplay is very simple. Also the graphics are wonderful. However, there are some negative points that should be taken into account as well. Here is a review of this
- Well-developed graphics
- Very entertaining and dynamic gameplay
- Easy controls
- The missions are very short
- Too much advertising
- Bad connection with some servers
Share your opinion with us
What did you think of the article? Did you miss any important aspects? Let’s hope we helped you understand the game more. If you have any questions about the Modern Combat 5 game, or any other game, don’t hesitate to share them with us. We’ll be happy to answer them!