Windows is the name of a family of software distributions for PCs, smart phones, servers and embedded systems, developed and sold by Microsoft and available for multiple architectures.
Windows offers gift cards where you can enjoy apps, devices, games, software, movies and much more from the Microsoft Store online, in Windows. Here’s how to get those cards, their use and price, and what we have to say.
Tricks to get Free Windows
As of today, the most updated version of Windows is Windows 10. That’s why we’re going to explain below how you can get this software for free and legally:
- Use codes from older versions: If you have a code for Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 the solution is at hand: use the code of those operating systems in the installation and you will get Windows 10 for free.
- Do not activate Windows: It is possible to use Windows 10 Home or Pro without activating for years and never lose control of your computer.
- Use student discounts: If you are a high school student or higher, and you belong to an institution that is within the program, you can activate Windows 10 Education for free.
- Paying very little for the code: It’s not totally free, but it’s something. Sites like Licencias Para Software or Licencias PC CL in Chile distribute digital licenses of several versions of Windows, and a Windows 10 Pro license can cost up to 80% less.
What is the price of Windows 10
There are different versions of Windows 10. Each one has its own features and price. Below we show you the different versions and prices of each one:
- Windows 10 Enterprise – 85,50€
- Windows 10 Education – 72€
- Windows 10 Pro – 67,50€
- Windows 10 Home – 63€
How to redeem a Windows Gift Card
Windows offers a series of gift cards for its users that contain, as we said before, apps, devices, games, software, movies, etc. You can give one of those cards to a family member or friend to enjoy Windows for free. Here’s how to redeem one of those cards:
- The easiest way to redeem a code or a gift card is online.
- Sign in to microsoft.com/redeem with your Microsoft account
- Type the 25-character code and then select ‘Next’.
If you want, you can also redeem a code or card from the Microsoft Store on a Windows 10 device:
- On your Windows 10 device, select Microsoft Store from the task bar.
- In Microsoft Store, select the menu View More (located next to the Search box at the top right of the page).
- Select “Strong” to change a code. If you’re not already signed in, sign in to the Microsoft account you want to redeem the code in.
- Type the 25-character code and then select ‘string’. Don’t worry about the scripts, the system takes care of them for you.
Here is a video explaining how to redeem them:
Windows Gift Cards and Free Codes
You will probably find a lot of information on the Internet about how to get these cards for free. In addition, there are many websites that offer code and card generators for many platforms, software and shops.
You must take into account that many of these generators do not provide the expected result or work illegally. That’s why we recommend TrukoCash.com, a very reliable resource generator that will provide you with free and legal cards and codes for Windows. What are you waiting for?
Opinion on Windows Gift Cards
From our point of view, these cards can be very useful to surprise any friend or family member who does not yet have Windows. Thanks to them this person will be able to enjoy that software for free. Besides, we think it is a very good option because Windows is quite expensive.
What do you think about this article? What is your opinion about these cards? Any doubt or comment about Windows Gift Cards share it with us in the comments.