A great video game from the past is finally back on Nintendo Switch. We're obviously talking about Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, which marks the return of the most famous gorilla in the history of video games on the last console of the big N. Originally released in 2014 on Nintendo Wii U, the title has also recently landed on Switch, giving many a chance to enjoy one of the platform franchises par excellence. As any lover of the saga will surely know, this chapter also contains a large number of collectables, scattered around the game world. In this guide, we will tell you the exact location of each of them, so we can help you in completing 100% of the video game.
Remember that our guide is constantly updated, so stay tuned to these frequencies for any news about it.
Where to find the collectibles of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.
For those who don't know it, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a sliding platform, whose main characters are the famous Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Dixie Kong, Cranky Kong and Funky Kong, and which will offer many stage worlds", and each of them will contain at least ten levels; at the end of each "world", you will always have to face a boss. It has to be said that the video game in question is not exactly easy, and it may take a while to get familiar with its mechanics.
Switch's Tropical Freeze is basically the same game released in 2014 for Nintendo Wii U, with one big exception: the presence of Funky Kong. This character of the "Kong family" is characterized by its 'Funky Mode', which is basically the easy mode of Tropical Freeze. In Funky Mode you'll not only be able to play as Funky Kong, but you'll also have more lives, as well as a virtually infinite stamina that will allow you to breathe underwater.
In the course of your adventures, you will come across the following objects:
- Bananas: Collect 100 to get a Red Balloon;
- Banana coins: you can use these coins to buy items for the "Fly and Buy" bazaar;
- Heart: Every heart you get will make up for a lost heart (life);
- Red Balloons: These items are basically extra lives, and can be purchased at the "Fly & Buy" bazaar;
- KONG Letters: You will find these letters scattered throughout the various levels. The moment you manage to collect four of them in a single stage, you will have access to bonus levels;
- Puzzle Pieces: By collecting these items, you can unlock artwork;
- Golden Hearts: Obtainable using a certain Dixie Kong attack, these items will allow members of the "Kong family" to suffer damage without losing hearts;
All the collectibles at Beach Schianto
Let's start with what is the first level of the first world of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze. Below, we will list the partworks present divided into categories.
- After you meet the first Dodo birds, you can jump on platforms, which will allow you to reach the first letter;
- When you encounter a Red Balloon for the first time, jump on the platform on the right and continue to the right until you see another KONG letter, which can be obtained by jumping from the end of a platform, using Diddy's jetpack;
- Using the third barrel cannon, the third KONG letter can only be found on the left trajectory;
- To find the last letter KONG, you'll need to grab a Penguin after knocking it out and throw it in the direction of the target you will find along your path. Once you have hit the target, you can jump and reach the final letter;
- The first time you are in the water, swim down and to the left, and you will find the first piece of the puzzle near a part of an airplane;
- After you've climbed on a carnivorous plant that will descend on you from above, you'll have to climb on a moving platform on the left and, immediately after, reach a platform placed on a tree: to get another piece of the puzzle, hit the plant and it will spit it out;
- The second time you are instructed to pull a ring out of the ground, a group of bananas will appear along with the ring. If you can catch all the bananas before they fade away, you'll get another piece of the puzzle;
- Just after an area where platforms will fall on you, you'll come across another carnivorous plant that will descend on you from above. Wait for the right moment, when it will rise, and then hit the ground below to reveal another piece of the puzzle;
- After meeting Diddy Kong, use his jetpack to jump over the carnivorous plant; looking to the left, you'll see a platform with another piece of the puzzle;
- As you stand in the second barrel shaped cannon, you'll notice that several objects are floating around you, and one of them is just the collectible you're looking for. At this point, you'll need to have good timing and launch when the cannon has the right inclination to get you the piece of the puzzle;
- In a bonus area, which you'll find near the Viking Drakkar, shaking the ground in a certain area, some pigs will start throwing banana helmets at you, you'll have to collect them all to unlock another piece of the puzzle;
- Another piece of the puzzle can be found in the only Secret Room on the Crash Beach level, collecting all the bananas within the time limit (check the rest of the guide for further directions on where to find the secret room);
- Using the barrel shaped cannon that marks the end of the level, you can jump over a pit full of thorns on your right. Pull a ring out of the ground to reveal the last piece of the puzzle;
- To find the secret room, you'll need to get the final letter "G" from KONG by throwing a penguin at a target, as explained above. If you get on the left platform after reaching the last letter KONG, you will find a barrel shaped cannon that will shoot you in the only secret room of this stage;
All the collectibles in Golfo Groviglio...
The collectibles here are listed in the order in which you'll find them during your internship.
- Puzzle Piece #1: As soon as you start the stage, go left, destroy the crates, pull the ring out of the ground and you'll see the first piece of the puzzle pop up;
- Puzzle Piece #2: When you see the ship, rather than going directly on board using the plants, dive into the water and swim in the bottom right direction: you will find the second piece of the puzzle near the keel of the ship;
- Secret Chamber: once you get on the ship, after leaving the two suspended platforms behind you (on one of them you will clearly see the letter KONG), you will find a trapdoor: enter it and you will have access to the secret chamber;
- Puzzle Piece #3: grab all the bananas within the time limit and unlock the third piece of the puzzle;
- Letter KONG #1: As soon as you leave the secret chamber, head to the right and get on the first suspended platform we told you about earlier, using the jetpack. Jump left on the next platform and you will find the first letter;
- KONG letter #2: continue your adventure by going to the right and you will see the second KONG letter on the shark platforms;
- Puzzle Piece #4: In the area where you'll find the piglet and the three penguins in single file, use one of them as a "trampoline" to hook onto the leaves, climb and jump in the direction of the rock you'll find on the left: that's where you'll find a new piece of the puzzle;
- Puzzle Piece #5: A little further ahead from the previous area, continue climbing the leaves until you find a carnivorous plant. Hit it and it will release a sack hanging from a rope, which you'll have to hit stun the penguin on the platform on the right. After that, another piece of the puzzle will appear;
- Puzzle Piece #6: Once you're back in the water, swim down and go right: you'll find a shell from which bubbles come out with bananas spinning around it: collect them all and a new piece of the puzzle will appear;
- Letter KONG #3: Go back and keep going up, you will find the letter going forward, swimming to the right, next to a shark;
- Puzzle Piece #7: Go around the stone on which you found the letter and you will find a crate with a symbol on it: destroy it and the puzzle piece will be yours;
- Puzzle Piece #8: Once you are back on the surface, reach the big buoy you will find by going ahead in the game. Once there, dive into the water and reach the vegetation below: you will find a hidden chest there, open it and you will get the penultimate piece of the puzzle;
- Puzzle Piece #9: As soon as you reach the raft (the mobile platform with the sail), you will notice four rows of floating bananas with a mosquito on their guard: collect them all and you will make the last piece of the puzzle appear;
- Letter Kong #4: just after the previous area, you will find an area with three mosquitoes: use the raft to jump and grab the leaves above you, it will be right there that you will find the last letter KONG. Be careful to jump already at the right time, so as not to end up sliced by the huge propeller that you will find;
All the collectibles in Rovi & Wrecks
- Secret Chamber #1: As soon as you start the level, you'll notice a target: jump on the turtle you'll find not far from there, stun it and throw it at the target to clear your way and access the secret chamber;
- Puzzle Piece #1: You will find it in the Secret Chamber, collect all the bananas and make it appear;
- Letter KONG #1: Going your way, you will notice it on the self-propelled cogwheel you will meet, jump at the right time and prey on it;
- Piece of Puzzle #2: when you find the ditch with thorns, instead of climbing on the platforms (you'll recognize the area because, on one of them, there is a yellow plant), use the Cranky Kong stick to bounce on the brambles. Push to the right and you'll find the piece of the puzzle;
- Letter KONG #2: Get on the platforms with the leaves, you won't be able to miss it;
- Puzzle Piece #3: Climb on the last platform and you'll notice the presence of a ring: pull it to overturn a platform with brambles, on which you'll find the piece of the puzzle in question;
- Letter KONG #3: Use the barrel shaped cannons and enter the next area, the one with the sharp blades. Once you get here, you won't just have to go ahead and use Cranky Kong's stick to bounce on the many traps you'll find, and you'll see the letter next to a creeper, along with some mosquitoes;
- Puzzle Piece #4: Right after you find the letter, you'll find another bag with a target drawn on it. Stun the turtle and use it to hit the target, and you will unlock a new piece of the puzzle;
- Puzzle Piece #5: after using the cannons, you will find yourself in a new area (the one with snails, to be clear). As soon as you see the platforms, use Cranky Kong's stick to jump to a huge block of stone: that's where the piece of the puzzle is hidden;
- Secret Chamber #2: When you are in an area with a dodo and two propellers, jump on the highest platform and then jump left: you will be in the second secret chamber of this level;
- Puzzle Piece #6: As soon as you enter the second secret chamber, collect all the bananas in the time limit to get this new piece of the puzzle;
- Letter KONG #4: As soon as you exit the second secret chamber, and after passing the two propellers, you will find the last KONG letter in plain sight next to a creeper;
- Puzzle Piece #7: When you get to the barrel that marks the end of the level, don't use it yet, but destroy the crate on the right. This will unlock a trampoline to reach the upper platforms; the puzzle piece is located on the leftmost platform;
All the collectibles of Russian Railroad Rails
- Secret Chamber #1: shortly after the start of the stage, you'll notice a kind of wooden board on which there's a Dodo. Near this kind of "swing", you'll find a trapdoor: use it to access the Secret Chamber;
- Puzzle Piece #1: again, you'll have to collect all the bananas inside the Secret Chamber within the time limit;
- Letter KONG #1: shortly after you get on the cart, you will find the letter in plain sight on a lower track: for this reason, jump on the upper track only after you have taken it;
- Puzzle Piece #2: Right after you get the first KONG letter, you'll find two mosquitoes: jump at the right time and use them as "trampolines" to get to the puzzle piece in question;
- KONG Letter #2: You'll find it just after the checkpoint, right next to two rotating propellers;
- Letter KONG #3: You'll find it a little further ahead than the previous one. You will find yourself having to jump on airplane carcasses that are pulled up or down; as soon as you see the letter, don't jump and just fall down, it will be the only way to grab this collectible item;
- Puzzle Piece #3: Going forward, you'll notice a burning plane and you'll have to lower your head so you don't get hit by its propellers. Next thing you know, you'll find two tracks, one on top of the other. Do not jump, so that you fall on the track below and get the piece of the puzzle in question;
- Letter KONG #4: Going forward in the stage, you will notice some crates that, due to the inclination of the rails, will fall towards you. Use the second crate as a springboard to reach the last KONG letter;
- Puzzle Piece #4: Right after the cutscene that sees our monkeys fall into the void, you'll find another plane on fire and have the chance to choose the track to cross it. Choose the one below and you will get the piece of the puzzle in question;
- Puzzle Piece #5: As soon as you reach the final barrel of the stage, abandon the plane and dive into the water. Swim and go under the plane in question: Congratulations, you have found the last piece of the puzzle of this stage!
All the collectibles in Destabilizing Rockin'.
This here is the first level K we'll encounter, and it will be set inside a temple. As maybe someone will have understood, it will be possible to access it only after having collected all the KONG letters present in the various stages of Mangrovie Sperdute. It is useful to remember that in this level, although there are many less collectible, there is no checkpoint, so you will have to finish the level in one go.
- Piece of Puzzle #1: you'll find it as you continue through the stage, when you jump on the second rolling sphere. Jump at the right time and take the first collectible of this stage;
- Puzzle Piece #2: as soon as you see vines with triangular objects tied up, stop on the first platform you meet; you will immediately notice a ring that, if pulled, will make the second piece of the puzzle appear;
- Puzzle Piece #3: It will be placed not far from the previous one, and you will notice it as soon as you get to the area with the spiked traps, right on top of a bird. Jump and use the bird as a springboard to return to the creeper;
- Puzzle Piece #4: As soon as you get to the area where you find the vines with objects falling on you, you'll notice banana coins appearing. Take all of them and make the fourth piece of the puzzle appear;
- Puzzle Piece #5: After passing the previous area, you will arrive at an area with a huge central rose window. You will notice a vase: destroy it by shaking the ground and you will get the last piece of the puzzle;